Monday, August 29, 2005

Sigur Ròs

I think I might be entering a love affair with Sigur Ròs. Why? What could have prompted such Prog loving?

I recently went to the Sigur Ros site and then downloaded some of the songs off Agætis Byrjun, and one off ( ). They are the Coldplay it’s acceptable for anal retentive boys to like. Why?

Because they make pop videos without lip-synching, i.e. they do not attempt to pervert realism to sell records (It annoys me when bands “sing” in videos because everyone knows they aren’t, but this is a separate issue.)

Because their lyrics don’t sound like “Oh, I’m so rich but worried about life it hurts!”

So as I listen to "Vidrar Vel Til Loftárása", I bid, Sigur Ròs, any number of CDs (but not the full back catalogue, naturally).

* Addition:

If one were really interested enough to learn some Icelandic, there's a free resource here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home