Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Colours and kids

I allow a limitless number of Cat Power CDs, and in fact if you have anything pre-Moon Pix and can demonstrate that you actually bought it pre-Moon Pix then I will not stop loving you until the day I (or you) die.

Cat Power may well be one of the worst – no I hesitate – most frustrating live shows I have ever witnessed but I love her albums unconditionally and will allow a full back catalogue, although throwing in an All Tomorrow's Parties compilation may be overdoing it a tad, even if it is good.

Same does not go for Smog. I would be pleased to see one or two, but no more than that.

I am still not ready to write about disco, but my love for it remains unchanged.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marc said...

Cat Power was one of the more disturbing parts of a relationship with an ex-girlfriend. Cat Power is essentially the ungood Carole King?

Another problem with Cat Power is her underachieverness. The whole "I'm indier and realer" than you (stand up Belle & Sebastian, Half Japanese, Smog) is just the same as "Yo! I'm keepin' it real" (Puff Daddy, the worst hi'-pop). So none of the bands mentioned.

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home