Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Dark and stormy

I think it's attractive to like The National. I also think it's a bit hot to like Arab Strap, which is a band I never listen to and used to dislike, but now sort of don't mind, even though I never listen to them. It's better to like (Smog) than to dislike them, especially the wonderful Supper album, but Bill Callahan's solo material doesn't seem quite so splendid. I've revised my (Smog) allowances from 1 or 2 to 2 - 4. I would rather see Nick Cave's No more shall we part than The boatman's call. Interpol's Turn on the bright lights is still encouraged, but any albums thereafter I am still not sure. Okkervil River and Sparklehorse may both demand more of a listen. Elbow are great and you could have 2 - 3 albums, and Spoon's best are Girls can tell and Kill the moonlight, I suspect.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Marc said...

Darkness is always appreciated but you can overdo it. I personally dislike Joy Division but can overlook their presence because I can see why some people would like them. If you must have Manic Street Preachers albums they ought to be the first three, and if only one it should be The Holy Bible. I think I'd be really impressed by Tindersticks albums. Arab Strap, maybe, Smog no, not into The National. Editors records would turn me off too.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home