Sunday, January 22, 2006

A few tips, for what they're worth

If you wanna get with me, I'd advise you to display evidence of as many of the following as possible, because it really will up your chances (I don't know how well you would fare with Marc, Gossy or Deb, but hey no harm in trying):

Sufjan Stevens. If you have Come on feel the Illinoise it might be enough for me to suggest some semblance of lifetime commitment.

Devendra Banhart. I'm really down with that kind of drifter/hippie thing connoted by the cover of Cripple Crow.

Interpol. Turn me on with a copy of Turn on the bright lights. I'm not quite so into the second album, but it's worth having nevertheless.

Jose Gonzalez. Veneer will get you to at least one of the bases (but which one?).

The Shins. Oh, inverted world puts a smile on my dial and warmth in my heart.

Love. Forever changes – oh hello!

Flavour of the month Antony and the Johnsons are currently being viewed with suspicious ambivalence. Great voice but abysmal lyrics. Might be one for the pile of burnt CDs, preferably buried beneath a few others and without a home-made cover.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Inverted World and Forever Changes? How YOU doin'!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home