Friday, July 14, 2006

The Black Hit of Space: excess of synth-pop

Synth. Synthesizer. Synthetic. Not real (feeling/music)? It depends whose hands the synthesizers are in. I can say that any pre-Get Ready New Order album is fine. Pet Shop Boys albums do nothing for me but I will allow any number of albums just not too many recent ones, and not a back catalogue nor the remix albums Disco or Disco II. Human League are allowed Travelogue and Dare and that's all. Heaven 17 are pure pomp and thus banned. Erasure are only allowed The Innocents or Drama but not both. Any number or pre-1992 Depeche Mode is fine bar a full back catalogue.

Ladytron - er, no thanks. Generally, rehash is the way to irritate me.

You might want to read this too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marc said...

Truly there is little else so trivial that can get me so exercised as neon pink-on-black T-shirts, especially when coupled with an asymettrically-spiked, geometrically-styled mullet. Mind you, in reference to the above link what I have heard of The Postal Service is OK. I think that essentially, what will now be considered the Mute Records po-facedness factor must come into play. If the group is playing synthesizers to they make "malcontent" or "dystopian" music then as those values increase the albums allowed clearly decreases.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home